08 January 2010

Aguila Azteca Boxing Gym

I'm about to let you in on the best kept workout secret in Dallas. I live in East Dallas and for several years I've noticed a boxing gym on Columbia Avenue. Tons of teenage boys and girls jumping rope, throwing punches outside. A few months ago I finally walked in and asked if they gave adult lessons. Carlos Castillo, the coach there, said yes, but for a donation. Aguila Azteca is a non-profit that gets kids involved in Golden Gloves competition, teaches inner-city low-income kids about sportsmanship, keeping their grades up. For $20 you pop in for an hour or hour and a half and Coach Carlos gives one-on-one training - intense training. i barely made it through the first few workouts - and the money goes towards the kids boxing program. Every other lesson is free so you basically get a 60 or 90 minute private training session for $10. I know, right. Deal of the decade. 5420 Columbia Avenue, 214.282.7784.


  1. Thanks for the heads up. I've driven by this place plenty of times and often wondered if it was a private gym or open to the public. Any info of hours of operation?

  2. You can Alway call me for Info My number is 214-282-7784 Carlos Castillo Head Coach of Aguila Azteca Boxing Club

  3. I absolutely love this gym

  4. You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your blog. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that i have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Thanks!
    Spirit XBR55

  5. This gym sucks ass.is more for girls who want to zumba

  6. Watch Boxing Online

    boxing Online Broadcast Live

    Watch Boxing Online

    boxing Online Fight

    Boxing Tv Online

    boxing Online Tv

    Watch Boxing Live Streaming Online On Pc Laptop Mac Tablets Windows
    Or More Digital Devices Click Link Below To Watch live..