26 August 2011

San Antonio: The Monterey

I'm itching to take a trip down south to SA to see my familia, but work is prohibiting me from doing much else but write. Aside from hanging out with my grandmother and watching forensics shows with her, I'm dying to go to The Monterey for dinner.
I went to a party at owner Chris Hill's home when I was in Careyes for Sara Beltran's birthday in May. Chris was crazy nice and we talked about Monterey as well as his other watering hole, The Esquire Tavern.
The menus at both places look mouthwatering - the corn with lime yogurt, chile and cojita and octopus with white curry and country ham at The M have my name all over them - and I feel that with John Besh's Luke and the upcoming opening of Andrew Weissman's Luxury, SA is having a foodie moment.

Photo courtesy of www.style-extraordinaire.com

1 comment: