09 July 2011

Dallas: Rihanna

Last night Nivea invited me to hang out in their suite at the American Airlines Center for the Rihanna concert - Rihanna is their spokesperson. I arrived about 9:15 pm and Nivea's PR people told me that she'd just landed around 8:30 in Dallas on a G5 chartered from NYC. She was running behind due to weather and having her makeup done as we spoke.
About an hour or so into the concert the pyrotechnics went awry and lights above the stage caught on fire. We all just stared at the flames billowing from the stage while the concertgoers on the floor scrambled to get out of the arena. Then the alarms went off and we were evacuated from the AAC. Bummed as I missed "Rude Boy", "Umbrella", and "SOS."
On the way out Nivea gave us the requisite goody bags - this one filled with Rihanna's latest CD, Nivea cremes, and an iPod shuffle. I got home, took a shower, and slather the creme all over my body and I have to say I'm hooked. It's super thick and creamy, but doesn't leave a greasy residue. I think I just found my new moisturizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment