24 January 2011

Marfa: JM Dry Goods

JM Dry Goods is a must-shop destination when you're in Marfa. Named after owner Michelle Teague's son, Jack Maverick, it's a fine mix of things brought back from her monthly trips to Ojinaga, Mexico and goodies she buys elsewhere.
Lots of bike riding happening in this town...
Found antlers and a studded leather gun holster...
Dyed palm leaves that have been woven into strands - maybe for wearing, but I bought mine for display...
Pretty hand-blocked fabric. Nice for a tablecloth...
I bought one of these Mexican house dresses. Reminds me of my grandmother and I've been wearing as a night gown. Once it gets warmer, I may pair with some heels for a night out.
It was super cold when we were there and the shop girl used this propane heater to warm up the space.
Cigar box to you, but cash register to her...
Dried sage leaves to burn to chase the bad stuff away....

3 comments:

  1. I loved this store. Her selection of leather belts with old buckles was awesome! It is the best retail in town, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for one marvelous posting! I enjoyed reading it;you are a great auther.I want to encourage that you continue your great post.
    You can try this
    Click here for more info
    Website Link
    Why not look here

    ReplyDelete