04 May 2010

Austin: Mercury Design

Before I left Austin last week I made a quick stop in Mercury Design to say hi to Steve Shuck. He was there unwrapping a new delivery of wonderfully light and surprisingly affordable scarves that I, of course, had to buy. But what really caught my eye was a table topped with Turkish fouta towels by Scents and Feel.
They are generously sized - similar to a bath sheet - and come in tonal colors like these grey and cream numbers I've pictured here. But the beauty of these towels is that they become softer and more absorbent after each use and can also work as a table cloth or a beach blanket.
Because they're so light, they're perfect for Texas.
I have a big pile of similar towels that I recently purchased, but these are being added to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment